The Safe Injection Practices Coalition (SIPC) is a partnership of healthcare-related organizations, patient advocacy organizations, industry partners, and other public health partners, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC Foundation is the convening partner of the coalition, formed to promote safe injection practices in all U.S. healthcare settings. In 2009, SIPC Founding Partners developed the One & Only Campaign—a public health education and awareness campaign—aimed at both healthcare providers and patients to advance and promote safe injection practices.
In 2014, Eli Lilly and Company began a partnership with the CDC Foundation to support and expand CDC’s Safe Injection Practices Coalition. The partnership will extend the reach of Safe Injection Practices Coalition’s One & Only Campaign. Lilly’s partnership will support the coalition’s development of new resources and tools that will be used for provider training, general awareness and patient empowerment. Funding will also support dissemination of safe injection messages using social media (follow us @InjectionSafety), YouTube, electronic continuing medical education, advertising and print materials for providers and patients.
SIPC partners are committed to bringing safer healthcare to everyone through the development and distribution of educational and multimedia tools for healthcare providers and patients on the issue of injection-safety. The current work of the One & Only Campaign is driven by the SIPC partners and is composed of the following organizations:
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA)
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc (APIC)
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM)
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC Foundation
- Eli Lilly and Company
- HONOReform Foundation
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP)
- National Association of County & City Health Officials (NACCHO)
- Premier Safety Institute
- Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA)
- The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA)
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration – Safe Use Initiative (advisor)
If you are interested in becoming a partner in the Safe Injection Practices Coalition please email info[at]oneandonlycampaign[dot]org.